There are lots of options when it comes to sending a birthday card. Firstly, you need to find the perfect card and then decide what to write inside. You want them to know you’ve put some thought into it!
If your recipient is notorious for having a sweet tooth, why not take one of our birthday card ideas and send them a Sweets in the City Letterbox Treat? A Letterbox can be personalised on the inside and out, creating a memorable birthday gift that’s completely unique for your recipient!
Choosing the Card
When choosing the perfect card for someone, you should try to think of things that remind you of them. How did you meet? Have you shared any special experiences together? Choosing something reminiscent of your friendship or relationship with someone can take a birthday card to the next level and stand out from others!
Share a Memory
Whether the memory is a big event you attended together, or something intimate and personal between you two, sharing a memory with someone is bound to put a smile on their face! It’ll also remind them to remember all the good experiences of the past if they’re feeling down about getting older.
Choose a Special Birthday Quote
If you’re struggling to find the right words to say, why not take to the internet for a little inspiration. There are plenty of quotes and birthday messages that you can tweak to suit your recipient - sometimes all we need is a little inspiration.
Send a Personalised Gift
If you’re still unsure what kind of birthday card to send, or what to say, why not combine the gift and card into one! Sweets in the City offers a huge variety of gifts including Jars of Joy and Giant Lollipops that can be personalised to wish someone happy birthday with very little effort!
So, you’ve finally found the perfect card and written a lovely message inside, why not take a look at Sweets in the City’s range of Birthday sweets to accompany your chosen card? Give someone the treat they deserve with our sweet birthday card ideas & gifts.
View Our Birthday Gifts Here >
With summer over and Christmas still a little while away, it's Halloween that everyone's excited about right now. The 31st of October is always a great opportunity for fun and shenanigans, and even if you're a bit too old for trick-or-treating (or you simply prefer to spend your autumn nights indoors), you can still throw a spooktacular Halloween party to mark the occasion!
We love a good Halloween hoedown here at Sweets in the City - here are some suggestions to help you organise your own end-of-October bash:
Halloween Party Games
A great Halloween party is all about the games! Try these old favourites, and make sure you have plenty of sweets on hand to give away as prizes!
- Bobbing for Apples - Fill a bowl, basin or bucket with water and drop a few apples in (one per player). The apples will float on the surface of the water - players take it in turns to pick up an apple using only their mouths, no hands allowed. Be sure to keep a towel handy!
- Doughnuts on Strings - Buy a pack of ring doughnuts and tie a string around each one. Hang the doughnuts from a line and challenge players to eat their doughnut without using their hands. The first person to finish the whole doughnut wins!
- Jelly Babies in Flour - A sweet alternative to apple bobbing! Heap some flour on a plate (you can also use icing sugar if you prefer) and arrange some jelly babies in the flour. Players take it in turns to pick up a jelly baby using only their teeth...and hopefully get their faces covered in flour in the process. (Speaking of jelly babies, have you read these fun facts about everyone's favourite wibbly-wobbly sweets?)
- Memory Game - Arrange a variety of objects on a tray. Halloween-themed objects are ideal: rubber spiders, vampire fangs, fake eyeballs, and so on. Give everybody a minute to memorise the items on the tray, then cover it up with a tea towel and secretly remove one object. The aim of the game is to spot which item has gone missing - the person who guesses correctly gets to remove the next object.
Other Activities to Try
- Get dressed up! Fancy dress is one of the best things about Halloween - it's always fun to see what gruesome and creative costumes your friends have come up with! If you're feeling lazy, of course, you can always cut two holes in a bedsheet and dress up a ghost...or just cover some old clothes in fake blood and go to the party as a zombie version of yourself. But it's always better to do something a bit more imaginative if possible!
- Carve a pumpkin! Nothing says 'Halloween' like a jack-o'-lantern. Be careful when using a knife to give your pumpkin a suitably menacing grin - if you're not sure how to do it, have a read of this guide from BBC Good Food.
- Decorate your home! If you're hosting a Halloween party, you should make sure your home looks the part before welcoming your guests. Obviously you can buy all sort of fab things online or in your local shop, but it might be even more fun to create your own decorations - grinning ghosts, black-winged bats, and scary spiders are all surprisingly easy to create. Check out these ideas from AnglianHome.co.uk.
Halloween Party Treats
Of course, it would be Halloween without a few sweet treats to share out! We've got plenty to choose from here at Sweets in the City, including...
This large shake is filled with delicious Halloween-themed treats! Grab a couple of shakes to pass around at your party, or add a personalised message and send someone special a dreadfully delicious Halloween gift!
Order Now >
We've added three great 'Trick or Treat' designs to our popular range of letterbox-friendly sweet gifts! Customise the Halloween-themed box and send it to someone special to wish them a happy Halloween.
Order Now >
We've got plenty of other treats to choose from in our Pick & Mix section, including vampire fangs, jelly eyeballs, and sugar-coated worms. Pick your favourites and buy in bulk to make sure you've got plenty for everyone at your Halloween party!
View All Sweets >
Pumpkin photo from Pixabay
A great way of showing your customers that you appreciate and value their custom is by sending a personal thank-you gift. This not only demonstrates that you acknowledge their impact and help with your business, but it also provides a means of them to positively promote your company to their peers. Studies show that customers who receive something free and unexpected, are more inclined to shop more, so sending your customers thank-you gifts is definitely a worthwhile investment.
What’s the Best Thank-You Gift?
Choosing an appropriate thank-you gift can be difficult. Firstly, you want to make sure your customers can use and enjoy the gift that you send them. Secondly, you also want it to promote your business. That’s where Sweets in the City can help! We have an extensive collection of fully customisable corporate gifts that will give your customers a sweet treat whilst encouraging promotion of your brand – the perfect combination!
Our Corporate Sweets
Our Corporate Sweets can be customised to feature your business' look or a bespoke design of your choice. You can include personalised stickers, ribbon, packaging or gift tags to display your brand’s name, colours or logo. We also offer a range of products that are suitable for different dietary needs including, halal, sugar-free and gluten-free sweets, so you can be sure to appeal to all of your customers, no matter their needs!
Just a few Corporate Sweet Gifts available:
- Miniature Sweet Jars
- Branded Lollipops
- Treat Tubs
- Personalised Rock
- Beautiful Bags
View our full Corporate Brochure below to see our entire collection of branded corporate sweet gifts and the many ways in which you can show your appreciation to valued customers while also increasing your brand awareness!
If you have any questions regarding our collection of Corporate Sweets or would like to get in contact with us to make an enquiry about ordering personalised sweets for your business, contact us today!
View Our Corporate Brochure >
Liquorice Allsorts are the product of a happy accident. In 1899 one of Bassett’s sales representatives, called Charlie Thompson, dropped a tray of samples on the floor creating a muddle of sweets which would unknowingly become the Liquorice Allsorts we all know and love today.
At Sweets in the City, we’ve done our research about these colourful treats to bring you some of the most interesting facts about Liquorice Allsorts!
Where Did It All Begin?
The Bassett company, the father of many of our beloved sweets, was founded in 1842. The first Bassett sweet factory was opened shortly after in 1852 in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. The Bassetts factory has remained in Sheffield ever since!
Liquorice Allsorts have only been gracing our sweet counters for the last hundred years or so, but liquorice has been a favourite throughout history. The Ancient Egyptians were especially fond of the sweet root, and historians even found some inside King Tutankhamun’s tomb!
The iconic Liquorice Allsorts mascot, Bertie Bassett, was created by advertising copywriter Frank Regan. Bertie has truly become a recognisable British Figure over the years and recently wedded his high school sweetheart Betty (if you don’t believe us, take a look on YouTube!)
Liquorice Allsorts are unlike any other sweets on the market, truly distinguishable and totally delicious! If, like us, this blog has put you in the mood for some Liquorice Allsorts, then head over to our Pick & Mix page, find number 23 on our list and order yours today!
Browse our Pick & Mix Range
For more sweet facts – make sure you follow us on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Are you planning a baby shower or looking for the perfect gift for a mum-to-be? Here at Sweets in the City, we have a huge range of sweets that are perfect for friends, family and mums-to-be.
As some of you may know, we recently catered for our close friend and Sarah Lynn's fellow Apprentice contestant, Michaela Wain’s baby shower. While guests celebrated the upcoming arrival of Michaela and Harrison’s little Prince, they enjoyed a selection of Sweets in the City sweets and personalised lollipops - all of which can be easily recreated for your own baby shower.
Create a sweet table using our Pick & Mix range
One way to add a pop of colour and make sure there are sweets on offer that all of your guests can enjoy is to create a sweet table with a selection of yummy goodies from our Pick & Mix range.
We think that colour coordinating your sweets with your baby’s gender adds an adorable touch to any baby shower. Here are our suggestions of pink and blue sweets from our Pick & Mix range that are perfect for the job! Display these sweeties in big glass jars with matching ribbons to ensure everyone knows that it’s a girl or boy!
- Prosecco Sweets
- Strawberry Swirl Lollipop
- Strawberry Bonbons
- Blue Raspberry Bonbons
- Blue Paintballs
For a more personal touch, why not have our Giant Lollipops personalised to commemorate your baby shower. These lollies are a great gift for your guests during the baby shower, or to take home and enjoy later!
Mum’s Emergency Stash
If you’re struggling to think of a special gift to take to an upcoming baby shower, why not treat mummy-to-be to our Mum’s Emergency Stash? That way, she’ll always have a sweet treat on-hand to combat those sleepless nights.
It’s hard to think of a celebration sweeter than a baby shower, but we want to ensure that your baby shower is the sweetest it can be! Whether you are hosting or going to a baby shower in the coming months, we have the perfect treats for you!